It seems like almost all companies are claiming that their operation is clean and environmentally friendly. But are they ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING? Or are they only paying and purchasing these words?
Carbon Footprint, Environmentally Friendly, Sustainable
Are You Actually Contributing?
Really Carbon Neutral?
Paying just any company to offset your carbon footprint is not an actual contribution, although we do agree that it’s better than doing nothing. An actual contribution would be taking real measures to reduce your own carbon footprint. You could even start taking dozens of measures this week by using less electricity, recycling your trash, avoiding products with excessive packaging, and using less hot water.
We’re very confident that the total average distance our products travel is one of the shortest in the world, dramatically reducing the actual carbon footprint of our operations.
Production & Shipping
- We don’t receive containers from overseas factories. All our products are made in our own facilities.
- We don’t ship containers to warehouses. Our shipping department is right next to our production facilities.
- We are strategically located very close from a USPS distribution center and a UPS distribution center, greatly reducing the total distance that our products travel even further.
- We only accept ingredients from US-based suppliers meaning they are shipped from US cities, greatly reducing the total distance traveled.
- All our products are 99 - 100% natural, meaning that most of the ingredients are naturally made using more sustainable methods.
- At Sleepy Cotton, our products share a few unified standard recyclable containers. This means we eliminate all of the unnecessary custom package manufacturing steps, greatly reducing manufacturing waste that is harming the environment.
- We keep things very minimal. We don’t use fancy custom-made boxes, eliminating all of those unnecessary custom manufacturing steps.